Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Coping with the wobbles.

I have been amazed at how the kids responded to the big quake and all it's aftershocks - doing much better than their Mum!  
Zoe did lots of 'art therapy' for ages everything she drew had wobbly lines in it.  This picture is what she drew the day after the big shake - it's us waiting under the table while Dad is outside listening to the car radio.


Erin didn't notice much but she did have her naps under the table for a few weeks...
Hamish wore his hard hat and superhero cape for weeks - he was ready for the next one!  
One day they had an aftershock when he was at kohanga.  When I picked him up I asked him,
"What did you do in the earthquake today?" 
He looked at me a little confused then replied,
"I made the wobbling stop."
Of course - what else would you do!

No comments: